1 cup Oat Flour (blend rolled oats in a food processor)
1 beetroot cut into cubes
1/2 courgette sliced
2cm fresh ginger
1 large tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
Plant based milk
One way to put a smile on your face and others is by making a stack bright pink pancakes! Who else agrees? The perfect pre and post workout breakfast, a weekend special, or of course... pancake day!
1. Add the beetroot, courgette, banana ginger and peanut butter into a high speed blender, along with enough milk (approx 1/4 cup) to make a smoothie base.
2. In a bowl add the oat flour, along with the baking powder and start to add the smoothie mixture, mixing into a smooth pancake batter consistency. Add the apple cider vinegar and stir through.
3. Heat a small amount of olive oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat.
4. Once hot, spoon the pancake batter into the pan and cook both sides.
5. Remove the cooked pancakes and continue cooking the remaining batter.
6. Serve with a some berries and a good drizzle of dark chocolate
> BEETROOT is packed with inorganic nitrates that have been shown to support heart health as well as improve endurance and recovery from exercise. Beetroot is also packed with Betanin that gives it that wonderful red colour and is a powerful antioxidant.
> OATS are packed with amazing fibre in the form of beta glucan that helps to support the health of our gut by increasing the growth of good bacteria within our digestive tract. It can also help support blood sugar levels, insulin response and increase feelings of fullness.
> BANANA provide excellent nutrition before, during and after endurance exercise and their nutrient content may help reduce exercise-related muscle cramps and soreness.