WHITE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS
(DAIRY FREE, VEGAN)
This recipe is created by the fabulous foodie, Camilla Lovell. Here's a little background behind the story of these dairy free, vegan white chocolate peanut butter cups, and the recipe for you guys to try below!
"Around three years ago, my doctors diagnosed me with a dairy intolerance and although I easily adapted to living a dairy free lifestyle, there are a few things I did miss: thick and creamy ice cream and Reese’s peanut butter cups. I remember my dad bringing them home after one of his trips in America and I was automatically hooked.
Lucky but not so lucky for me, it was quite hard to find them in your local supermarkets in Spain so I decided to make my own. And I can honestly say that making your own homemade chocolate peanut butter cups is extremely easy and much more affordable.
White chocolate + rich peanut butter are a match made in heaven and adding that little touch of sea salt intensifies the flavors.
Peanut Butter cups are a great little treat to end the night with. And by making them at home you can control the amount of sweeteners used and the quality of ingredients.
I used Pic's peanut butter in this recipe as it contains no added sugars or palm oils. Simply peanuts and salt. And the Dairy free white chocolate can be found in most free from isles in your local supermarket."
~ Camilla Lovell ~
Time: 5 minuts to put together, 10 minutes to set in freezer (or overnight!)
1 Bar of Dairy Free White Chocolate
1/2 Cup Peanut butter
Pinch of Sea salt
1/3 Cup Rice Crispies
1. In order for the chocolate to harden once cooled and not melt in your hand, start by melting half the chocolate bar in the microwave - (be careful for it not to burn).
2. Slowly incorporate the rest of the chocolate bar into the melted chocolate, stirring to combine.
3. Place a small layer of melted chocolate into the muffin tins.
4. Spoon 1 teaspoon of peanut butter into each, and lightly press into the chocolate.
5. Sprinkle some rice crispies over the top, and top with the remaining chocolate.
6. Place in the fridge to set overnight, or ten minutes in the freezer.
Find more scrumptious recipes on her foodie instagram page: @mmillyjane